Pages

Monday, December 17, 2007

Exciting News!

I just checked out www.realismguild.com to see what was going on with the show I'm a part of and was very surprised to find out that my image "Grandma's Kitchen" is in the January 2008 issue of American Art Collector's Magazine! The article is called "Keeping It Real".

I am so glad and honored to be a part of this show because not only is the art and artists top notch, but it's a huge boost for realism. I've noticed that the majority of galleries and magazines focus on more expressive and more contemporary work so it's time that we real-eestas get into the "spotlight" if you will.

And one more thing: It seems that I'm the only watercolor artist accepted into that show!

Here's a link to the article "Keeping It Real".

http://www.realismguild.com/Press/ACC%20Exclus%20Adds%20Low%20Res.pdf

6 comments:

Nava said...

This is great news - congratulations!!

Linda Lucas Hardy said...

Congratulations Pablo!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Gongratulations, Pablo. Your work outshines the rest. I was thinking that hyper realism was taking over the art world. I guess when we look for work in the direction we have chosen, all we see is everything else.

Pablo Villicaña Lara said...

Thank you Nava, Linda, and Myrna, It's very exciting cause being published is something I haven't had the chance to experience much (one other time)
This coming year I plan to really start achieving some career goals other than my art goals.
P-Lo
(and eat more CHOCOLATL ~ the nahuatl name for the most perfect food on earth)

Su Corbaley said...

Congratulations! this is such good news for you!

Su

Jelaine Faunce said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!