Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More Work In Progress again





I've passed the "ugly duckling" stage of this portrait and thank God cause I was worried that I'd lost my touch! . . . . .Not really but it's a good story ;0)

I love seeing the layers coming together. I've said it before and I'll say it again (till I change my mind) that I don't care for working with too many layers. For those who had asked about hair a while ago, you can see the different colors I use before I finish with the details. One eye is almost done and the other one still looks creepy. Can't wait to finish this portrait! (and to show you something else I've been working on).

4 comments:

Desiree's Designs said...

I love your work, I am excited to see it completed too!

Mary Sonya conti said...

it's always fascinating to watch your shadow work. Thank you for putting your tedious detailing on the blog to follow. Goes without saying that I too love your work.

Pablo Villicaña Lara said...

Thank you Desiree and Mary, I appreciate your blog-love.
I'll be posting the finished painting soon! woo hoo!

Beyla Medina said...

Bravo Pablo es una excelente leccion paso a paso. Mil gracias. Me gusto la explicacion y coincido con que no importa cuantas capas en la acuarela...si seguro hasta que cambiemos de opinion.
Podrias dar la paleta de colores que usas en la piel? Saludos amigo!!!